Friday, March 5, 2010

Dooley Takes The Fall: Connecting Fiction To Reality

"So instead of doing what he wanted to do-find Gillette and Landers-he went down to the ravine"(Norah McClintock, Dooley Takes The Fall, Page 151)

Dooley and I are very different people, Dooley being a recovering drug addict and criminal and me being an intelligent high school student. We're different ages, Dooley 17 and me 14. However, even though we're so different, we're so alike.

In the story, whenever Dooley is feeling stressed, confused or unsure about what he should do next, he went to the ravine. The ravine, in my opinion, was extremely important to Dooley because it allowed him to get away from the many awful things, like being framed for robbery and seeing a young boy jump off of a bridge to his death, that were happening to him.

I too need to get away from everything at times due to a variety of things at times. Whenever I feel this way, I go to the bush at the back of our property, relax and enjoy the many wonderful things this wooded area has to offer. Coming here always makes me feel better, just like Dooley after he comes back from a walk in the ravine because it's our place where we can escape and be alone for a while; the type of place that everyone needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment