Friday, April 9, 2010

About Into Thin Air

After completing Norah McCormick's Dooley Takes The Fall, I decided to continue my reading of books that are extremely exciting and impossible to put down. So, I decided to read Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer. The book is about Mr. Krakauer, a mid-aged experienced mountain climber, who decided to embark on the adventure of a lifetime. His goal: climb Everest. However, when you're climbing the tallest mountain in the world; anything can happen.

"Into Thin Air is a definitive and personal account of the deadliest season in the history of Everest, Jon takes the reader step-by-step from Kathmandu to the mountain's deadly peak, unfolding a breathtaking story that will by turns thrill and terrify" according to the book's blurb. In my opinion, it's a book that will change your view and appreciation of life forever.

5 comments:

  1. This definately sounds like a very interesting book. You could have maybe elaborated more on WHY this will change your view on the appreciation of life. Maybe if you expanded more it would make more readers want to find out why it changes your view on life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your explanatiion of this book it sounds very thrilling to me. I will have to agree with Steph on this one, why is this book special enough that it will change my opinion on life?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this blog post because it was short and concise!! You could add a sentence on why it will change you view and appreciation of life forever (like Jamie and Steph said...), not a whole paragraph... but a sentence or two. Overall great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Louisa, you should tell your readers why they should read it. Other than that you made Into Thin Air sound like a thrilling book that's hard to put down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay everyone, this wasn't a real post. I was just informing my readers that I was now reading a new book.

    ReplyDelete